Despite entering a limited number of competitions each year, BizVoice® has earned 98 national and state awards over the last 21 years. Among the most recent national honors: a rare Grand Award in the 30th annual APEX (Awards for Publication Excellence) competition.
- BizVoice editor Tom Schuman received the Grand Award in the writing series category for his 2017 yearlong stories on the opportunities and challenges faced by a Fishers-based entrepreneurial company – Recovery Force. Only 100 of more than 1,400 entries earned the top honor. It is the second Grand Award for BizVoice, following a 2011 package of stories on the Art of the Business Deal. The three Recovery Force series stories submitted to the judges: Starting Down the Road; It Takes a Team Effort; and Shifting Course
- The staff earned APEX Awards of Excellence two consecutive years. In 2018, the honor was for magazine writing series featuring Road Trip Treasures stories: January-February (Hoops Heaven, Schuman), March-April (Political Potpourri, Rebecca Patrick) and November-December (Historic Story Inn, Charlee Beasor). The January-February 2017 “Back in Time” issue was recognized for stories about people, companies and industries that are part of Indiana’s business history.
At the state level, 2020 honors from the SPJ (Society of Professional Journalists) include:
- Schuman, Patrick, Symone C. Skrzycki, second place, Education Reporting, Achieve Your Degree; Apprenticeships; Rushville intern (March-April 2019)
- Schuman and Skrzycki, second place, Headline Writing, Rebooting the Brain (January-February 2019); Addicted – But Not Alone (July-August 2019); A Man and His Music (November-December).
- Skrzycki, third place, Medical or Science Reporting, Rebooting the Brain (January-February 2019)
In addition, BizVoice has been recognized by the following:
- Communicator Awards
- International Association of Business Communicators
- American Chamber of Commerce Executives
- Public Relations Society of America-Hoosier Chapter: Pinnacle Awards
Contact Tim Brewer at (317) 496-0704 to learn how your organization can promote its products and services in our award-winning publication.
Annual Award Winners
Chamber Member Recognition
Workplace Wellness Series
Rebuilding Indiana’s Economy
Outstanding Talent: Education and Workforce Development
County Spotlight: Hamilton
Best Places to Work in Indiana
County Spotlight: Warrick