Volume 14, Number 3
Simply the Best
The 2011 version of the Best Places to Work in Indiana program finds 70 Hoosier companies being honored for their strong workplace cultures. Those doing the recognizing are their own workers as 75% of the independent evaluation focuses on the results of anonymous employee surveys.
There are two new No.1 companies this year: E-gineering on the small/medium list and Microsoft Corporation among the large organizations. But all 70 are winners for their commitment to workplace excellence.
- No. 1: E-gineering
- Complete lists of winners
- Profiles of all 34 small/medium companies
- Lawson-Fisher Associates
- Hollingsworth & Zivitz
- Private Fleet Backhaul
- Roundtable: How to be one of the "best"
- Nonprofits excel at giving back
- No. 1: Microsoft Corporation
- Profiles of all 36 large companies
- WOW! Internet~Cable~Phone
- Clifton Gunderson
- Horseshoe Casino
- Six-time winners
- ReVisited: Performance Services, Inc.
- Guest columns: In their own words
- Workforce Wise: Best practices for older workers
Taking on Transportation
Indiana is much more than just the "crossroads" of America as ports, rail and air all play significant parts in the transportation mix. Some industry authorities weigh in, and we provide plenty of facts that clearly demonstrate the importance of infrastructure in keeping business on the move. [Full story]
Helping Those Who Come Next
Princeton entrepreneur offers physical space and practical advice for start-up businesses. The outreach provides a boost to downtown development efforts. [Full story]
Developing an effective program
Connecting on Twitter
Meet the Chamber team